Pensacola 2012 Mardi Gras
Throw me something Mister
Hip Huggers Ball Date:Jan 14 2012 Event description: Location: The Vinyl Music Hall and will start 7:30 p.m. The band the Naked Eskimos will be playing, event is invitation only. 21 years old to participate.
- Crew NEREIDS Moon Pie Party Date: Jan 20, 2012 Event description: This event starts 7 p.m. Location: the Sandshaker Lounge.
- Marching Band Parade and Competition Date: Jan 21, 2012 This years competition will have more than 10 High School Bands competing. The competition will be on the Main stage at the corner of Garden and Palafox at 2pm.
- Krewe of African Queens Jan 27, 2012 Thios ball will take place at Sanders Beach at 12:45 pm
- The Krewe of Nauga Champagne Breakfast Jan 28, 2012 This event will take place at high noon at the Dock on Pensacola Beach. Ticket cost $15.00, will benefit the Animal Humane Society.
- 17th Annual Cordova Mall Ball Jan 28 8:00 pm for Ticket information see Cordova Mall Ball
- Krewe of St. Patricks 2012 Ball Feb 3, 2012 at Paul’s on the Bay (old Skopelos) 7-11 pm
- Krewe Du YaYa’s 10th Annual Mardi Gras Ball Feb 4, 2012 at New World Landing , Black Tie / Full Length & Evening Gowns are a requirement, see www.kreweduyayas.com.
- Pirates of Lost Treasure Mardi Gras Ball Feb 4, 2012 6:00 pm at St. Ann’s Family Life Center Click for more info on Facebook
- Pirates of Lost Treasure Mardi Gras Flotilla (Boat Parade) Feb 4, 2012 Join the Pirates of Lost Treasure on Perdido Key for the 2012 Mardi Gras Flotilla. This years route is starts at Hub Stacey then to the Perdido Key Oyster Bar, then it’s back to the Flora-Bama for live music, a best-decorated boat contest and happening after-party. Free admission see 2011 pictures here
- Mardi Gras Kid and Kritter Krawl. Feb. 11. The parade for children and your four-legged pets out to Pensacola Beach for a lively walking parade. Free Admission. (850) 932-1500, www.pensacolabeachchamber.com
- Mardi Gras Downtown Night Parade. Feb. 17. Parade starts at 8 p.m. sharp, Beautiful lighted floats will make their way down Palafox Place and downtown Pensacola. Free admission. www.pensacolamardigras.com
- Grand Mardi Gras Parade Feb 18, 2012 2:00 pm Pensacola’s Mardi Gras is a family-oriented parade through the historical downtown area. The parade begins at Spring & Garden Streets, Pensacola, Fla
- Pensacola Beach Mardi Gras Parade. Feb. 19. Parade Starts @ 2 p.m. sharp, the parade cruises down Via De Luna Drive on Pensacola Beach. Free admission. (850) 438-1500, www.pensacolabeachchamber.comFat
- Fat Tuesday Priscus Parade and Procession. Feb. 21, 2012 Fat Tuesday. The last parade of the Mardi Gras season before lent begins. Located on Palafox and Government Streets. Free admission. www.pensacolamardigras.com
Mardi Gras Quick Facts
Mardi Gras was first celebrated by the ancient Greeks more than 5,000 years ago.
The celebrations first came to the United States at the end of the 17th century when the French began having masked balls and parties.
The colors of Mardi Gras are purple for justice, green for faith, and gold for power.
Mardi Gras literally means Fat Tuesday. It is the day before Ash Wednesday that begins the Lenten season.
Mardi Gras is celebrated primarily along the Gulf Coast of the United States.
For more information about the Pensacola Bay Area or to request a Visitor Guide, contact Visit Pensacola at (800) 874-1234 or (850) 434-1234 or go online to www.VisitPensacola.com
2012 Orange Beach Gulf Shores Schedule Link
Pensacola 2012 Mardi Gras Schedule